•  

Toggle shoutbox Task Force Shout Box Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  The Icarus (Thu 16 Nov 17 - 20:44) Don't remember seeing that Veged. :( Oh well.
@  Thehelloguy (Thu 16 Nov 17 - 22:08) A peak on the new DLC for Arma III! :D
@  Veged (Fri 17 Nov 17 - 09:25) No worries Icarus. Lawsuit is already filed and should arrive soon.
@  The Icarus (Fri 17 Nov 17 - 13:44) Yeah, I'll just hand it to TAE.
@  Guss (Fri 17 Nov 17 - 15:25) What will be the timeframe for tonight,
@  TAE (Fri 17 Nov 17 - 16:00) Sure, toss 'em my way. My lawyers are bored anyways ;)
@  Villhelm (Fri 17 Nov 17 - 17:01) 7 30/45
@  Guss (Fri 17 Nov 17 - 17:36) I hope I'll make it. It has been way too long.
@  chrisob (Fri 17 Nov 17 - 18:21) https://youtu.be/7iI...E1IwxNzExMjAxNw
@  Andrews (Fri 17 Nov 17 - 20:13) Welcome to the Reality Gaming Task Force seba4025. View seba4025's Profile
@  Andrews (Fri 17 Nov 17 - 20:53) Welcome to the Reality Gaming Task Force ecr3235. View ecr3235's Profile
@  CAESAR (Fri 17 Nov 17 - 22:22) Thanks for the mission Will. Well done everyone!
@  BilboD (Fri 17 Nov 17 - 22:25) Thanks for organising the mission, I know a lot goes on behind the scenes and you work hard to build immersion
@  Andrews (Sat 18 Nov 17 - 06:00) Welcome to the Reality Gaming Task Force Shawnturner. View Shawnturner's Profile
@  Viktor (Sun 19 Nov 17 - 18:37) sorry my connection is so screwed I can't even wait for the proper LOA thread to load. Hopefully I'll see you guys next week.
@  T.Perkins (Sun 19 Nov 17 - 21:15) https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202672484 POV of mission from Cutlass
@  Mozzy (Sun 19 Nov 17 - 23:06) Ever wanted to know what its like landing when its snowing in Talon?
@  The Icarus (Mon 20 Nov 17 - 03:30) Sireuz and I testing/practicing with the Mk. V SOC
@  Sam (Mon 20 Nov 17 - 07:33) Happy birthday Caesar, congrats!
@  Helios (Mon 20 Nov 17 - 08:47) Congrats CV!

Photo
- - - - -
HELP

Logitech G9x Successor needed

Best Answer TAE , 22 June 2015 - 15:58

Went to the local tech store to get some hands-on experience on all options.

Boiled it down to the R.A.T. 7 (influenced by Helios), the Adder (by Riott and Caesar) and the Logitech G502.

The Adder lost due it's big butt - Didn't feel right when I was only using my fingertips to control it.

The R.A.T. mice looked really sweet, especially with all the configurations you could do.

But in the end I landed at the G502, which is the closest to a G9x I could get. Even that one is miles away from that heavenly feeling my old mouse provided.

Let's hope for the best!

Cheers guys for all the input!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TAE

TAE

Legendary Hero

• ENLISTED INFANTRY

• 832 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:03

Gents,

turns out my beloved Logitech G9x is on the brink of death due to a broken cable and Logitech, in it's infinite wisdom, decided to discontinue the production of the mouse.

I'm looking for recommendations for a new mouse that hopefully is able to serve as a worthy successor.

Cheers,

TAE

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

TAE is such a fucking legend - Andrews 2015

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#2 Helios

Helios

Forum Daddy - Taskforce Command

• DEVELOPER

• 1,601 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:26

I've got a Cyborg R.A.T. 5 mouse and really happy about it. My preference will always go to a wired mouse as well.

http://madcatz.com/products/mouse/

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#3 Tristan

Tristan
  • REGISTERED SOLDIER

• 251 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:21

I use a Razer Mamba... awesome mouse, and you ahve the option to use it with and without cable...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#4 TAE

TAE

Legendary Hero

• ENLISTED INFANTRY

• 832 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 11:47

Had too many bad experiences with Razer. I'm deliberately staying away from them.

Also I'm a Claw/Finger Tip guy when it comes to mice, so anything designed for the whole palm is out of the competition already.

Thanks though! I'll take a look at one of the R.A.T.s

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#5 Shlee

Shlee

Private First Class

• ENLISTED INFANTRY

• 48 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 22:46

I've been using the Razer DeathAdder for a very long time, enough to see 3 versions of it and they where all equally amazing. I'm sure they're the gamer's choice for best gaming mouse of all time.

As for RATS, i've had 2 as gifts and they don't seem to distribute pressure evenly.. it feels like the mouse is anchored? But i guess you will be fine with your 'claw' style x)

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#6 Riott

Riott
  • SPECIAL FORCES
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:23

Razer DeathAdder, Best mouse I've ever had, shame you've had bad experiences with Razer in the past, but you genuinely can't go wrong with the DeathAdders.

NbLUZhN.jpg
D9_Supporter.jpg

IpraGS3.jpg

ROMANI ITE DOMUM!

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#7 CAESAR

CAESAR

Mr Vegas

• LEADER

• 797 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:16

DeathAdders have a very good rep, don't rule them out on Razer's justified shitty reputation, I use a  Zowie EC2 Evo but its more designed towards competitve usage and pam grip users.

Non ducor, duco

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#8 TAE

TAE

Legendary Hero

• ENLISTED INFANTRY

• 832 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 15:58   Best Answer

Went to the local tech store to get some hands-on experience on all options.

Boiled it down to the R.A.T. 7 (influenced by Helios), the Adder (by Riott and Caesar) and the Logitech G502.

The Adder lost due it's big butt - Didn't feel right when I was only using my fingertips to control it.

The R.A.T. mice looked really sweet, especially with all the configurations you could do.

But in the end I landed at the G502, which is the closest to a G9x I could get. Even that one is miles away from that heavenly feeling my old mouse provided.

Let's hope for the best!

Cheers guys for all the input!

• Helios and CAESAR like this

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HELP

Change Theme!