Still can't believe it's over. I wish it would've stayed for longer.
Let's start with the positives.
- The setting, come on, who doesn't love WW2?
- The modpack (praise the dev team)
- Mission making (trying to keep it historically accurate while making it fun at the same time is a bit challenging but I think that this has been achieved quite well by the mission makers)
- In-Game comms: Since we didn't have 343s anymore, we were forced to echo orders coming from the squad lead and I think this has given us a valuable lesson that we can live without radios. Also, I have been 2IC/1IC for a couple of missions and I have noticed that Gambler net was not as noisy as it is during modern days, which is also a good thing.
- Inter squad coordination. There were quite a few times when Cutlass found themselves maneuvering around the battlefield in coordination with other squads and I can only look at that as a very good thing.
- That M1 Carbine 2ICs received. I hated that god damn rifle because it was zoomed halfway in when you ADS'd and you couldn't do anything to it. (i got used to it, but that doesn't mean i liked it more)
- Why didn't it last longer?
(no, for real, I tried thinking at some cons for the past 30 minutes. this is all I came up with)
Maybe I wished we would've impersonated some Russian/Finnish troops, I think there was a bit of potential there.
I can't wait to see where next year's time machine will take us to.