Logo

Toggle shoutbox Task Force Shout Box Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  pvt_p3te (Fri 11 Oct 19 - 21:18) !Epilepsy warning^^!
@  chrisob (Sat 12 Oct 19 - 15:52) Hell let loose is free to play this weekend
@  stabcon (Sat 12 Oct 19 - 19:51) If you havent yet done so, please RSVP for tomorrows mission http://forums.realit...operation-thaw/
@  KIMBO-MK-1 (Sun 13 Oct 19 - 21:03) Awesome Mission RG really well played guys, tanks and Infantry mixed well!!
@  Villhelm (Sun 13 Oct 19 - 21:39) Thanks dussack for acting as meatshields!
@  Sireuz (Mon 14 Oct 19 - 01:11) Another great OP! D11 keep bringing awesome new experiences, and thanks to everyone that takes part in making this as magical as Christmas, happy D11!
@  Barnes.J (Mon 14 Oct 19 - 10:30) Thank you to everyone involved in giving us the best experiences! Another amazing mission worked out well!
@  Wells (Mon 14 Oct 19 - 11:08) i had the time of my life yesterday on my very first mission with RG, all tho i had some issues with not being able to see farther then 20meters when using Ads.
@  stabcon (Mon 14 Oct 19 - 14:34) Glad you enjoyed it Wells!
@  Pterolatypus (Tue 15 Oct 19 - 12:48) Servers currently down for the CUP update - looks like a big one so might be a while. All done
@  shrap (Wed 16 Oct 19 - 10:40) no training tonight ?
@  KIMBO-MK-1 (Wed 16 Oct 19 - 10:42) Of course thre is you muppet
@  KIMBO-MK-1 (Wed 16 Oct 19 - 10:43) *there :)
@  chrisob (Wed 16 Oct 19 - 12:14) https://uk.virginmon...rien3&pageUrl=1
@  Guss (Wed 16 Oct 19 - 13:45) Nice one Chris!
@  Villhelm (Wed 16 Oct 19 - 16:23) Apologies for lack of training post! corrected now
@  Barnes.J (Fri 18 Oct 19 - 10:35) Mission post?
@  Ante (Fri 18 Oct 19 - 14:35) is there gonna be a Zeus mission tonight?
@  Andrews (Fri 18 Oct 19 - 21:31) Have a great weekend all :D
@  Villhelm (Sat 19 Oct 19 - 10:32) If anyone is at EGX drop a PM

Photo
WW2

D11 discussion and options

- - - - -

11 replies to this topic

Poll: WW2 Extension? Yes or no? (38 member(s) have cast votes)

What are your thoughts on extending the use of WW2 mods post deployment

1. Yes! Onwards - Straight to Berlin! (20 votes [52.63%])

Percentage of vote: 52.63%

2. I'll take my Arma any way it comes (12 votes [31.58%])

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

3. Marty! We have to go Back! To the Future! (6 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

stabcon

stabcon

Task Force Captain

• TECH STAFF

Threads
  •   Member Number:

POPULAR

Hello all.

There have been a large number of people comment how they dont want ww2 end, wish it could go on for longer etc etc. 

D11 is due to finish on the 13th October.  From the day of writing that is 3 more missions ready to go for your WW2 fix.

However, I have also had a number of people approach me that want to make Sunday missions using this pack. I want to be able to accommodate this, however I feel it should be a community decision.

Although not part of the 'official' deployment phase, it would make sense to run these off the back of the deployment to save people time and effort in switching mod packs/server maintenance etc.

So, above you will see a poll, please respond to the poll and make sure as many people as possible in the community answer it. 

One idea is to extend these missions to the 10th of November, this would be an apt time to close out WW2 stuff, although that would have been a total of 10 weeks in the WW2 setting.

Feel free to discuss this below, add your thoughts etc. It is your community and your point of view is valid and wanted.

Thanks to all of you for making the past few weeks pretty damn amazing!

• TAE, Shlee, Villhelm and 5 others like this

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:
    Users Awards

The Icarus

The Icarus
    • TECH STAFF

Threads
  •   Member Number:

Personally, I am not a big fan of WW2. Maybe because I am Dutch... But considering the work that has been put into this deployment as well as how long it has been since the previous deployment, I am not against an extension beyond the 6 planned weeks.

• Shlee and stabcon like this
    Posted Image

Awards Bar:
    Users Awards

stabcon

stabcon

Task Force Captain

• TECH STAFF

Threads
  •   Member Number:

Just so its clear, if it were to extend, its not definitely going to be another 4 weeks, that is dependant on those wishing to make missions getting them in on time and however many they are, it may be two weeks, maybe 3 but would not be more than 4.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:
    Users Awards

Cherokee

Cherokee
    • ENLISTED INFANTRY

Threads
  •   Member Number:

For me personally I've been quite enjoying the WW2 setting (now that i think I've finally found the source of my disconnection problems and can play for more than a few minutes at a time :P) and if there's a few more op's that could lead to a few more good times and memorable moments I wont be against it and if not then going back to the future would be just as great.

I'm happy to be part of wherever RG goes to kick ass and take names as the they say. 

• CAESAR likes this

"You are professionals trained to deal with three things that can kill you: gravity, combustion, and inertia. Keep them under control, and you'll die in bed." — Sailor Davis

Awards Bar:
    Users Awards

Obi

Obi
    • ENLISTED INFANTRY
    Threads
  •   Member Number:

This has been the most engaging, fun deployment I have been in and its not even that far into the thing.
    I love seeing everyone in action, and the gear honestly fits our playstyle so much (with a few adjustments).
    I thought I'd be like "Okay, its novel but I don't mind going back" but now I'm full throttle lol.

Maybe its the setting, but maybe its the amount of passion and effort all the development guys are putting into it that's making it so great.

Even if it ended tomorrow, I'd jot this down as my favorite, and that's including 'Nam (which I still love and would love to go back to).

• Callum likes this

"Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of War!"

obi.jpg

3-0 Alpha

The Bringer of Mortars upon Kimbo's Head

Awards Bar:
    Users Awards

Thehelloguy

Thehelloguy
    • ENLISTED INFANTRY

Threads
  •   Member Number:

Personally I had alot fun! Getting the experience of how some of the battles have been super fun, but also how it was for the soldiers facing them.

I also like the change in gear, trying out new guns and equipment. One thing I noticed was how only IC's had radios, making emphasis on the use of echoing. I don't have yelled so much in a long time before.... but hell!, It's been a blast! I wouldn't mind having more missions post D11 as long as the rest of the community wishes for it!

(I will admit I hope we get to experience "Battle of the Bulge" in one of these missions, wink wink nudge nudge

Keep up the good work!

• Callum likes this

One falls, one breaks. One learns from mistake, only to stand up and try again, harder and better
    helloguy.jpg
    d7support.jpgD8_Supporter.jpg
    D9_Supporter.jpgd10supporter.png

rAzNTd5.png

Awards Bar:
    Users Awards

William

William
    • SPECIAL FORCES

Threads
  •   Member Number:

I voted I'll take my arma anyway I can get it, because it's true.

Although, with that said, I love D11 and I absolutely love the energy it's bringing to the community.

I'm seeing members more engaged and attendance is way up, so from a logistics standpoint it makes sense.

I'm totally for extending D11. 

There are lots of things that people like that are different, lack of radios, gps etc. but i think in another four weeks people will start wanting to go back to the old ways a bit.

The gear change is nice, but it's not allowing us much time to really master a weapon system.  pre-D11 we became proficient in our weapon platform because we studied how it worked and used it so often.  If we were to extend D11 I would hope to see a return of previously used weapon systems (if canon allows it).  I understand this can be quite difficult with a period that extended 6 years and saw rapid technological advancements in weapon systems. 

The change of scenery is amazing.  Hell I'd even be up for using some of these maps in our regular post-D11 where applicable. 

I hope to experiment a bit with Friday Zeus and hopefully, maybe, no promises, do a winter war mission.  I encourage any mission makers to look at the Nordic battles and draw some inspiration from those.  

• The Icarus and Callum like this

Awards Bar:
    Users Awards

Barnes.J

Barnes.J
    • ENLISTED INFANTRY

Threads
  •   Member Number:

Yes please. I've been having an amazing time with the WW2 deployment.

And I've now just gotten the taste of making missions and I want to take advantage of that as much as possible.

I love how it is more challenging because it actually makes you have more awareness to your surroundings since you don't have a micro dagr and a radio so you actually need to echo things.

I just think overall the WW2 setting is just amazing and also the momentum and attendance it gave to RG could keep up for at least a couple more weeks after the "official end date" of it. So let's keep it going :P

• Callum likes this

“Lead me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way.”

- George S. Patton Jr., Patton Principles

Awards Bar:
    Users Awards

KIMBO-MK-1

KIMBO-MK-1

Mr Slice

• LEADER

Threads
  •   Member Number:

I would be happy to continue on with the era as long as there is enough meat left on the bone still. 

• Shlee likes this

5aqmRuC.jpg

"Love all, Trust a few, Do wrong to none"
    William Shakespeare

Awards Bar:
    Users Awards

Warthog

Warthog
    • ENLISTED INFANTRY

Threads
  •   Member Number:

I'm not really that into the WW2 setting, although I'm starting to like the AUR loadouts greatly. 

In the end I'm mainly playing because of the community and don't care that much of the setting we're playing in, so I voted  "I'll take my Arma any way it comes".

Been really enjoying D11 and the restrictions the era imposes on us.

• KIMBO-MK-1 likes this

Awards Bar:
    Users Awards

Villhelm

Villhelm

Commissar Princess

• LEADER

Threads
  •   Member Number:

If people are intesreted in running Sunday extra missions please PM me

• CAESAR and stabcon like this

villhem.jpg

d6.jpg

Awards Bar:
    Users Awards

Thehelloguy

Thehelloguy
    • ENLISTED INFANTRY

Threads
  •   Member Number:

I will add this tho! Those shermans are really fun to use, even tho it has some faults. Using run and gun tactics with this one is alot of fun! :D

One falls, one breaks. One learns from mistake, only to stand up and try again, harder and better
    helloguy.jpg
    d7support.jpgD8_Supporter.jpg
    D9_Supporter.jpgd10supporter.png

rAzNTd5.png

Awards Bar:
    Users Awards

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WW2

DMCA.com Protection Status