Logo

Toggle shoutbox Task Force Shout Box Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  pvt_p3te (Fri 11 Oct 19 - 21:18) !Epilepsy warning^^!
@  chrisob (Sat 12 Oct 19 - 15:52) Hell let loose is free to play this weekend
@  stabcon (Sat 12 Oct 19 - 19:51) If you havent yet done so, please RSVP for tomorrows mission http://forums.realit...operation-thaw/
@  KIMBO-MK-1 (Sun 13 Oct 19 - 21:03) Awesome Mission RG really well played guys, tanks and Infantry mixed well!!
@  Villhelm (Sun 13 Oct 19 - 21:39) Thanks dussack for acting as meatshields!
@  Sireuz (Mon 14 Oct 19 - 01:11) Another great OP! D11 keep bringing awesome new experiences, and thanks to everyone that takes part in making this as magical as Christmas, happy D11!
@  Barnes.J (Mon 14 Oct 19 - 10:30) Thank you to everyone involved in giving us the best experiences! Another amazing mission worked out well!
@  Wells (Mon 14 Oct 19 - 11:08) i had the time of my life yesterday on my very first mission with RG, all tho i had some issues with not being able to see farther then 20meters when using Ads.
@  stabcon (Mon 14 Oct 19 - 14:34) Glad you enjoyed it Wells!
@  Pterolatypus (Tue 15 Oct 19 - 12:48) Servers currently down for the CUP update - looks like a big one so might be a while. All done
@  shrap (Wed 16 Oct 19 - 10:40) no training tonight ?
@  KIMBO-MK-1 (Wed 16 Oct 19 - 10:42) Of course thre is you muppet
@  KIMBO-MK-1 (Wed 16 Oct 19 - 10:43) *there :)
@  chrisob (Wed 16 Oct 19 - 12:14) https://uk.virginmon...rien3&pageUrl=1
@  Guss (Wed 16 Oct 19 - 13:45) Nice one Chris!
@  Villhelm (Wed 16 Oct 19 - 16:23) Apologies for lack of training post! corrected now
@  Barnes.J (Fri 18 Oct 19 - 10:35) Mission post?
@  Ante (Fri 18 Oct 19 - 14:35) is there gonna be a Zeus mission tonight?
@  Andrews (Fri 18 Oct 19 - 21:31) Have a great weekend all :D
@  Villhelm (Sat 19 Oct 19 - 10:32) If anyone is at EGX drop a PM

Photo

My opinion on D11 thus far

- - - - -

6 replies to this topic

shrap

shrap
  • ENLISTED INFANTRY

Threads
  •   Member Number:

POPULAR

Not sure how others think about it, but I really love the D11 setting thus far.

I think there are a lot of elements which Improve the quality of the game which could be interesting to apply to regular missions as well. 

What I like in particular : 

- No 343's. The idea didn't sound so good as I was pretty used to having 343's, but I actually like it a lot better. Echo'ing orders among teammates improves the experience. It also makes you more mind-full of your movements and positioning as an individual player. If you get lost, you'll have to find your way back to your squad using common sense instead of just 343'ing. I can imagine that operating a single radio is also improves the experience for NCO's (Not a single time did Kimbo shout "STFU!" thus far :D)

- No GPS. Love it! We actually need to read the map and figure stuf out on our own. It simply ads more immersion to the game in my opinion. 

- No Night Vision. I never really like night ops, but that is just my opinion. I don't like that in night ops we usually spot our enemies long before they spot us. We always get to surprise our enemies, but never the other way around. The OP Albany mission was by far the best night experience I ever had even though I was on my own the entire time. I remember linking up with William, but lost him later. I was constantly cautious and on edge as you simply didn't know where the enemy could be. It doesn't get more immersive than that. 

- Insta death. This was already incorporated in missions for some time now, but it is terrific! The game no longer gets slowed down due to treating casualties or mass casualties. No more radio calls for medics etc. No squads being split up and moving the medics from one corner to another. It just slows down the game. The game simply feels more fluent because of this. Another plus of this became clear after last mission; OP Neptune. I don't even remember wasting gameplay time on resupplying. You simply took ammo/supplies from fallen comrades/enemies and kept moving. 

- No Helicopters. Not everybody would agree of-course (please don't shoot me Talon!), but I actually like not having helicopters around :) It enables the mission editor to create a lot of distance to cover instead of focusing on a small portion of the map as the AO. D11 showed that smaller AO's means shorter supply lines. No need to cover huge distances. 

[edit]: 

- CHAOS.... Almost forgot! And by far the best element. The lack of GPS, 343's, etc (and obviously the way the mission is designed) creates some room for some more chaotic situations in which squads or elements of squads to improvise. When certain unit's / squads disintegrated, elements of different squads joined forces and continued on mission. 

[/edit]

With one more mission to go, I think D11 is a huge succes thus far. I like it better than D9 or D10. Huge applause to everybody that made it possible. 

I wouldn't mind sticking in D11 mode for a while after D11 finishes ! But perhaps we could use some of the lessons learned from D11 for use in our regular missions. 

Obviously not everybody might agree with me on these points, just sharing my thoughts. 

• Villhelm, CAESAR, stabcon and 4 others like this

D9_Supporter.jpgd10supporter.pngrAzNTd5.png

Awards Bar:
    Users Awards

stabcon

stabcon

Task Force Captain

• TECH STAFF

Threads
  •   Member Number:

Really interesting insight Shrap thank you.

There is definitely a lot of feedback to be gathered and lessons learned from having certain elements stripped away. Id be very keen to hear other peoples thoughts on this topic in particular.

Still a way to go for now, but I'd encourage anyone, whatever feedback they have, to put it down here. We can only act on stuff that we are told about after all!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:
    Users Awards

Guss

Guss

Recruitment Team

• STAFF RECRUITER

Threads
  •   Member Number:
    In my opinion there are definitely options to enable the same kind of experience within regular ops.

- No gps/daggr seems to be reasonable to only provide it to the nco's for example (or maybe someone with a navigator role). This will enable squads to still navigate correctly, If you are on your own on the other hand, you'll have to figure it out yourself.

- Due to intersquad headset comms being such a thing now, it might be difficult to get rid of the 343's. I don't know if it actually is technically possible, but extremely limiting the range of the 343's might be a somewhat of a sollution.

- nightvision is also some pretty expensive equipment, however many soldiers are running around with some. Limiting it's use by only providing it to the marksman scope and some NV binoculars might be an option.

- instadeath is cool

- no helicopters is just saying bye bye talon. But it is an asset which is difficult to implement. Sometimes we just bring everyone in at the beginning and then back in the end. I agree this is just filler, but it might get people in the zone. Helicopters are still usefull as CAS or resupply. And there are options to be more flexible around the resupply (an ad hoc resupply at the chopper itself before it lifts again). Something we've discussed for years is how to implement medevac. It might bring something, it might just delay everything. Being able only to stich/pak people inside medical vehicles is an example. But if we are losing Heli's, i want APC's and MBT's back in talon ;).

Been enjoying the more hands on ww2 stuff much as well
    • Refurius likes this

Posted Image
    VETERAN RG MEMBER - MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    "The earth is 75% covered by water, the rest is covered by Guss' AT" - Caesar 2016

Awards Bar:
    Users Awards

KIMBO-MK-1

KIMBO-MK-1

Mr Slice

• LEADER

Threads
  •   Member Number:

I am really enjoying deployment 11 thanks again.

-No side chat

This is a master stroke (thank the arma gods), this is my number 1 immersion breaker in game and I want to see it gone for good

-No GPS

This forces the guys to stick closer together when operating as fire teams and to look around rather than at your instruments is a great way to immediately immerse the player.

-No NVG's

This was a nice experience, but I am very aware this will always create a divided opinion and it will always be needed in vehicles, its to much to ask of the talon guys to function without it but perhaps there opinion is a better one on that subject, just dont drop bombs on Gambler or Vegas Looool

-Not having 343 net

This is great as I believe its benefits outweigh its drawbacks,The ability to always have your say is not a good one, on a squad level it creates a lot of needles questions, remarks, and call outs.

Also its a massive distraction for everyone who is on that net and it can really be a burden to the SQL/2IC and it might even lead to missed Gambler comms and poorly followed instructions.

If something important needs to get said at the moment it will be echoed and the nonsense naturally gets filtered out or not said at all.

I want the guys to talk to one another and encourage there personalities to always be there, but at the same time I think everyone is that little bit sharper without the radio's 

I am sure most will not 100% agree, and I think this debate is a good one to have cheers,

Kimbo

• CAESAR, Guss and Jazz like this

5aqmRuC.jpg

"Love all, Trust a few, Do wrong to none"
    William Shakespeare

Awards Bar:
    Users Awards

Warthog

Warthog
    • ENLISTED INFANTRY

Threads
  •   Member Number:

I do enjoy the fact that all text chats are muted so you can't "cheat" during missions, but sometimes there would be legitimate reasons to use it. Last training I had to join bit late to the party and had absolutely no idea where everyone was and couldn't contact anyone over discord. After some detective work, saw some markers appearing on map and took a jeep to the general location and homed in on the gunfire, so not a biggie.

Something I miss even more though is the stance indicator from the top right of your screen. 
    Not so much for the indicator of which stance am I currently in, although at times it's hard to tell the difference between the raised/lowered postures and you end up moving around in funky positions. More than this, playing as AUR and especially with the .30 cal that's absolutely pain to shoot from a hip, I have no indicator for when the gun is rested on various surfaces and I can shoot accurately without deploying the gun. You can basically only test this by shooting and seeing how the gun recoils. Probably not the safest way of testing the stability of your gun.

Awards Bar:
    Users Awards

William

William
    • SPECIAL FORCES

Threads
  •   Member Number:
    I do enjoy the fact that all text chats are muted so you can't "cheat" during missions, but sometimes there would be legitimate reasons to use it. Last training I had to join bit late to the party and had absolutely no idea where everyone was and couldn't contact anyone over discord. After some detective work, saw some markers appearing on map and took a jeep to the general location and homed in on the gunfire, so not a biggie.

This shouldn't be happening.  You shouldn't need to use text chat to relink with your unit or group.  That is the task of Talon as reinsert/resupply -- you should be coordinating with them on the ground and they will find an appropiate RV for you to be reinserted in.  You will either relink with your gambler squad or tag along with another gambler squad until you find your own.  There was no "text chat" in WW2. 

Edit: My apologies, I didn't realize this was during training. 

Awards Bar:
    Users Awards

stabcon

stabcon

Task Force Captain

• TECH STAFF

Threads
  •   Member Number:

In training, just reach out to someone on steam and we'll get you tp'd to where you need to be. 

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:
    Users Awards

Reply to this topic

DMCA.com Protection Status