Logo

Toggle shoutbox Task Force Shout Box Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  stabcon (Fri 13 Sep 19 - 21:26) got to the ground, fastest way possible
@  pvt_p3te (Fri 13 Sep 19 - 22:21) in style ^
@  CAESAR (Sat 14 Sep 19 - 03:38) Relate
@  Dan Williams (Sat 14 Sep 19 - 11:40) Where can i find the security question?
@  stabcon (Sat 14 Sep 19 - 11:50) Feel free to jump on teamspeak if you are having problems with the application
@  stabcon (Sat 14 Sep 19 - 11:50) or join the discord server
@  Dan Williams (Sat 14 Sep 19 - 11:56) where can i find the discord server?
@  stabcon (Sat 14 Sep 19 - 12:18) two inches below this chat, click on the discord icon, or click this link https://discord.gg/vAkn92A
@  stabcon (Sat 14 Sep 19 - 12:20) @All if you havent yet signed up for this sunday, please do so!
@  Dan Williams (Sat 14 Sep 19 - 12:49) hahaha lol didn't see it XD
@  stabcon (Sun 15 Sep 19 - 09:33) Mission day!
@  KIMBO-MK-1 (Sun 15 Sep 19 - 11:54) Woop woop!
@  Curpling (Sun 15 Sep 19 - 12:41) WIIIII
@  Curpling (Sun 15 Sep 19 - 12:42) Or maybe just... WII
@  William (Sun 15 Sep 19 - 20:29) My heart rate during todays mission
@  The Icarus (Sun 15 Sep 19 - 20:38) Haha, I should get a watch to keep track too. My heart doesn't race much during Arma 3.. But today was an exception. DayZ levels of stress. AWESOME Mission!
@  shrap (Sun 15 Sep 19 - 20:43) really great mission tonight ! :D
@  CAESAR (Sun 15 Sep 19 - 21:19) I spent most of tonight face down in Normandy fields :lol: :(
@  stabcon (Sun 15 Sep 19 - 23:34) lots of awesome footage tonight from the streams, post them up in the thread!
@  Seanster (Mon 16 Sep 19 - 02:39) Night Of Nights

Photo
WW2

D11 Casual Ops/Zeus Missions

- - - - -

No replies to this topic

stabcon

stabcon

Task Force Captain

• TECH STAFF

Threads
  •   Member Number:

During the course of deployment, we encourage and welcome anyone to create and run casual ops in between official sessions. This post is for help, discussion and planning of these type of operations. 

Below is some instruction and advice for anybody wishing to make an event during deployment.

RULES:

Mission ideas should be prevented to a command representative before being advertised to ensure it does not clash with main sessions or someone elses idea.

Missions should be advertised 1 week in advance of being played.

Mission files should be presented to command no later than 3 days before the date of play, or it will not be allowed to proceed (this gives time for files to be checked and uploaded)

Any faction may be used

Missions should focus on the conflict between forces, not on idealogies or humanitarian issues.

Missions should cater for 20+ people in case of high turnout.

LINK TO MISSION TEMPLATE FILE

https://drive.google...rQNj8gPaETDHIwD

This should be extracted into Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\yourusername\missions folder.

The template is recommended to be used by all. It can be edited to suit your needs of course. In the editor you will see comments explaining what most things are and how to change them to better fit your mission. To use the template on another map, simply select everything by click/dragging over all items, and copy/paste on to your desired map or use the merge function.

Currently the units placed down are the same as on the D11 RGTA with some name changes (able instead of arrow etc). 

You can change any of this to suit your needs, however you should imitate what is already there.

Any issues, feel free to reach out to any of the staff for help.

Recommendations

If you are thinking of creating a mission, I would recommend focusing on smaller scale missions and objectives that you can scale according to how many people attend. There is no point in recreating Market Garden with only 10 people.

There is a huge array of uniforms and equipment to choose from, don't be afraid to think outside the box a little bit.

It doesn't have to be something from real life! You can create any objective you want.

All the factions present have a great array of assets to choose from, don't be afraid to use the German faction if you want to.

Dont forget about things like reinsert and resupply, how will you handle that with no helicopters?

If you've never tried mission making before, this would be a great place to start.

Thats it, I look forward to seeing your ideas come to life. Feel free to use this thread to ask questions and talk about ideas, as well as advertise whats coming!

Cheers

• KIMBO-MK-1, Sireuz, William and 1 other like this

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:
    Users Awards

Reply to this topic

DMCA.com Protection Status