•  

Toggle shoutbox Task Force Shout Box Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Nelson (Wed 26 Apr 17 - 11:51) We also had McCurrywurst, but we don't talk about that anymore
@  Refurius (Wed 26 Apr 17 - 11:52) I had a double cheeseburger xxl with bacon as breakfast ... need to keep my biker lines curvy and stuff for the ladys ~ *wiggles with eyebrows
@  The Icarus (Wed 26 Apr 17 - 13:14) Okay, screw this. I am ordering a calzone. Damn you all for making me hungry.
@  Obi (Wed 26 Apr 17 - 13:30) Icarus, haha, I just grabbed a Calzone myself
@  Refurius (Wed 26 Apr 17 - 14:07) When you are at work programming and your programm works ... but you don't know why ...
@  Refurius (Wed 26 Apr 17 - 14:10) btw, why is the time on the shout box not correct? or is it just me?
@  Villhelm (Wed 26 Apr 17 - 14:16) Its on BST, works for me
@  CAESAR (Wed 26 Apr 17 - 14:22) It works, just don't double post.
@  Helios (Wed 26 Apr 17 - 15:39) make sure your timezone is set correctly here: http://forums.realit...e&module=usercp
@  Veged (Wed 26 Apr 17 - 16:16) Never mention the timezone. It keeps confusing us.
@  Helios (Wed 26 Apr 17 - 16:32) You don't wanna know how we use GMT time in the winter and that it is the same as UTC; that GMT+1 = BST in the summer (and we use that time then), but also CET in the winter; and that in the summer, Central Europeans use CEST, which is GMT+2 and BST+1 ?
@  Breacher (Wed 26 Apr 17 - 16:34) What?
@  TAE (Wed 26 Apr 17 - 16:40) RG Standard Time (RGST)
@  Barnes.J (Wed 26 Apr 17 - 17:02) anyone else hyped about CODWWII reveal? here
@  Veged (Wed 26 Apr 17 - 17:08) No
@  Breacher (Wed 26 Apr 17 - 17:10) Never again ( Preorder now and get access to private beta? really ? :D)
@  KIMBO-MK-1 (Wed 26 Apr 17 - 17:25) I would like to be pleasently suprised but im not holding my breath!
@  Daveo1996 (Wed 26 Apr 17 - 20:20) CoD... those were the days, really hope they go back to the way they were. My guess is that it will take them another 2/3 games before they actually make good content like they used to.
@  Jay-Eff (Wed 26 Apr 17 - 20:33) Looks good from a SP POV. Not hard to please me with a game in that setting. Will be interesting to see how a later MP trailer looks
@  Brooks (Wed 26 Apr 17 - 20:33) putting money on this being their plan all along. Make terrible games so people slowly stop playing becasue they want "the old days" and then make a game like that to make a fortune!

Photo
FEATURED

[ORBAT] Task Force Organisation (Overview)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Andrews

Andrews

Task Force Command

• HEAD ADMIN

• 2,358 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:15

Purpose

Our taskforce operates as airborne infantry, specifically as a Special Forces Support Group (SFSG). Although the specifics of this will, as ever, be unique to Reality Gaming, it can be likened to many real world operational setups.

Special Forces: Vegas (as Delta Force, SAS, etc.)
SFSG: Gambler/Talon (as Rangers, 1st Para, etc.)

The purpose of our taskforce is to undertake high risk and often time sensitive missions at distance to other supporting units. Deployable by helicopter or aeroplane the SFSG will support the actions of Vegas by providing skilled infantry support.

orbat.jpg

Highroller (SOC)

Will undertake Command and Control responsibility for the task force; co-ordinating at a high level and providing the strategic steer for mission completion.

Gambler (1st Rifles)

Infantry Platoon will report directly to Highroller. Commanding Officer is Slysi, who is also 2ic of the taskforce. Will undertake an airborne infantry role. Gambler will have 3 sections. The first 2 sections will be rifle sections, the third being a support section. SOPs and layout will be shared across all sections, and members/fireteams can/will move from one to another. The sections are not distinct groups with their own unique identity, they are the same this is purely a split to make command and control easier.

tLoeb5M.png

Gambler 1-3: CO is 1Lt.Lokter Rifle Infantry formed of fireteams Arrow, Blade, and Cutlass.
Gambler 4-6: CO 2Lt.SimonBond. Rifle Infantry formed of fireteams Dussack, Estoc, and Falchion.
Gambler 7-8: CO is 2Lt.Blackheart. Infantry Support formed of fireteams Slingshot (permanent) and Trident (rotational).

Talon (Army Air Corps)

Will report directly to Highroller. Commanding Officer is Foxxion, who is also 3ic of the taskforce. Will undertake air cavalry role in supporting ground troops through transport, recon, and CAS. Otherwise will retain current structure.

Vegas

Will report directly to Highroller. Commanding Officer is Goore, who is also 4ic of the taskforce. Vegas are responsible for low intensity and special forces missions.

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#2 Wulfyn

Wulfyn

Commander

• ENLISTED INFANTRY
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 21:50

Operations

The key to us all working well together is not in how we are formed but in how we operate.

It is important to note that although the majority of the taskforce is a SFSG, that “supporting” does not mean following Vegas around helping them where they need it. It means undertaking high intensity missions that create an opportunity for the SF team to do their job. A prime example that we all know about is from Blackhawk Down, but it could also involve attacking an enemy stronghold to draw forces from other areas that Vegas wish to infiltrate, or acting as a blocking force against enemy counterattacks.

We are deliberately trying to keep the remit quite wide in order to give everyone good variety in their experience and to allow the missions makers to be as creative as their dastardly minds will allow them!

Example Mission

We wish to capture the enemy general on the horse. He is heavily protected and a direct assault would be too slow and allow him time to escape. Infiltration is not possible as there are too many enemy at his position.

Gambler assaults a nearby base with support from Talon.

png_base64a71534d1e4511c54.jpg

Not wishing to lose the base, and with little other RG forces posing a threat, the enemy general reinforces Krasnostav as he doesn’t want RG to hold a town that would prevent him from using his airbase.

png_base64140a02af777aad6c.jpg

With a lack of local protection Talon now transport Vegas to near the enemy general, and Vegas push hard to capture him quickly and extract back to the beach. The enemy forces are pinned in a firefight with Gambler and are unable to react quickly enough.

png_base64c559bfdb1ff9a134.jpg

#3 Wulfyn

Wulfyn

Commander

• ENLISTED INFANTRY
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 22:11

Highroller

Highroller 1 (Lt.Col) - Overall administrative leadership of the Taskforce

Highroller 2 (Mjr) - Mission command of the Taskforce

Gambler

Gambler Platoon CO (Cpt) - Command of Infantry Platoon

Gambler 1-3 CO (1Lt) - Command of 1st Rifle Infantry Section

Gambler 4-6 CO (2Lt) - Command of 2nd Rifle Infantry Section

Gambler 7-8 CO (2Lt) - Command of 3rd Support Infantry Section

Gambler Medics (Spc) - Various medical personnel attached to Platoon Command

Gambler Fireteam Leader (Sgt/SFC*) - Command of Fireteam, and Assault Team Leader

Gambler Second In Command (Cpl) - 2ic of Fireteam, and Support Team Leader

Gambler Grendier (Pvt/Pfc**) - Assault Team, Pointman, carries grenade launcher

Gambler Light AT (Pvt/Pfc) - Assault Team, carries anti-tank weaponry

Gambler Autorifleman (Pvt/Pfc) - Support Team, carries light machine gun 

Gambler Marksman (Pvt/Pfc) - Support Team, carries marksman rifle

Talon

Talon 1 (1Lt) - CO of Talon, pilot capable but primarily involved in air command and control

Talon 2 (2Lt) - XO of Talon, backup to CO but primarily lead pilot

Talon 3 (WO1) - Most senior non-officer pilot

Pilots (WO2/3) - Pilots / Co-pilots

Vegas

Vegas 1 (1Lt) - CO of Vegas

Vegas 2 (2Lt) - XO of Vegas

Vegas (Sgt) - All other Vegas Operators

* Leaders of the first Fireteam of each section (Arrow, Dussack, and Slingshot) are a Sergeant First Class, whilst other Fireteam Leaders are Sergeant

** Private / Private First Class are based upon experience, skill, leadership, and reliability of the RG Member

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FEATURED

Change Theme!