Logo

Toggle shoutbox Task Force Shout Box Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  TAE (Tue 18 Sep 18 - 04:32) That's some old school stuff Shlee! :)
@  Villhelm (Tue 18 Sep 18 - 08:06) Wow that makes me feel old, pretty much 4 years down now
@  TAE (Tue 18 Sep 18 - 09:56) my brain claimed it was 2. Stupid brain
@  pvt_p3te (Tue 18 Sep 18 - 15:20) 11 Years ago we were much more disciplined...
@  Guss (Tue 18 Sep 18 - 15:31) Ha :) that's a nice one
@  The Icarus (Tue 18 Sep 18 - 15:41) Servers down for mod update: BAF vehicles!
@  Andrews (Tue 18 Sep 18 - 21:26) @pvt_p3te wow arma was so big then. 11years, you & stal, still mustard. Feels like a lifetime ago :D
@  TEMPLAR (Wed 19 Sep 18 - 12:20) Daaaym, now this would be immersive.
@  Obi (Wed 19 Sep 18 - 12:27) Yay, they finally added it
@  Andrews (Wed 19 Sep 18 - 13:11) Welcome to the Reality Gaming Task Force shmitty. View shmitty's Profile
@  Henrik (Wed 19 Sep 18 - 17:10) I'd be curious to see how it affects the rifle grip
@  Obi (Wed 19 Sep 18 - 21:23) Yeah, same....but damn I hope we can put that in. Just to have some visual cue that someone's on coms.
@  CAESAR (Wed 19 Sep 18 - 21:37) It's a cut up single anim from the idle animations by the looks of it. We'll look at it and review!
@  stabcon (Wed 19 Sep 18 - 22:02) the amount im on the radio itd look like im doing the YMCA
@  Daveo1996 (Wed 19 Sep 18 - 22:08) Oh now we just have to get it :)
@  Andrews (Sun 23 Sep 18 - 11:23) Have a great one today guys!
@  KIMBO-MK-1 (Sun 23 Sep 18 - 13:30) Cheers Andrews!
@  KIMBO-MK-1 (Sun 23 Sep 18 - 15:42) Getting in the mood https://imgur.com/a/Edm9UyR
@  Andrews (Sun 23 Sep 18 - 17:25) Welcome to the Reality Gaming Task Force Volts. View Volts's Profile
@  Andrews (Sun 23 Sep 18 - 20:48) Welcome to the Reality Gaming Task Force Lewis96. View Lewis96's Profile

Photo
DEPLOYMENT 10

D10 - Flight Home

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Villhelm

Villhelm

Commissar Princess

• LEADER

Threads
  •   Member Number:

POPULAR

"Written from a passenger seat on the flight home from Nam"

So D10 is over, am not a great fan of huge speeches (as you heard) but I thought id talk about how the timeline went. 

Few months ago, in fact, a few months before D9, i asked to run D9, that i wanted to mix it up and run it as a liberation style event (German Gear, our aircraft carrier blows up, think a slightly simpler version of D8 but with slightly more different stuff)

I was told D9 was already planned, but how about D10? Liberation was out (for reasons which are known to some) but i had a pretty much open book. 

So, WW2 or Vietnam. 

In short I chose Vietnam because I wanted there to be a nice balance. WW2 is great, but Talon instantly becomes an issue (gyro-copters and smaller maps for planes means there isn't a huge amount for them) I also have slight problems in keeping WW2 fine for all of our European squad mates, i don't want to deliberately offend and in short, in Vietnam no one really was the "Bad Guy". There was a proxy war between Soviets/china and the USA, both committing offences. 

So I had a setting, and missions were pretty easy. Big Heli insert mission, defensive Khe Sanh Mission, Boat patrol, Saigon. 

Lots of discussions with Stabs and Caesar later i began loadouts, UNSUNG had broken for about 3 months of coding time which was annoying but overall wasnt too hard (Thanks to dev teams of history for perfecting the template) but i settled on M16s for Gambler, SLR-style for Vegas, M60s (of course) for gunners and Hueys as our main platform. The pack was tested to hell and thrown out for you all to enjoy.

Highlights of each mission

First training: The sheer awe of people was humbling, it was really nice to see my hard work be appreciated, smokes from vehicles less so!

Mission 0: Watching Vegas clear town after town without a sweat, the final extract and Talon landing under fire.

Mission 1: Gambler insertions under fire were magical and Caesar putting a Bodybag on a dead pilot really added to the immersion. 

Mission 2: Riott/Mozzy being shot down, the defense of SF Base Willard was a mess, The push through the jungle.

Mission 3: The massacre and follow up defence, the co-ordination of the air strikes, the final evac.

Mission 4: That defence, my god was that awesome.

Ceremony: All the nice stuff you said, saying goodbye to about 8 months of prep was actually really sad for me, but thanks for all the kind words.

Id like to personally thank the following:

Stabs + Caesar- My god you guys were enthusiastic and helpful. Kept me very sane and re-assured. 

Talon- Thanks for flying, especially with some of that shit i pulled

Icarus, Ptero and Veged - You guys have had to hit the ground running, with some hiccups youve helped a hell of a lot

Obi, Kimbo, Dave and others - Thanks again for all the feedback and encouragement. 

Andrews - For letting me do this in the first place, for the feedback and the hilarious moments

Every bastard who sprayed the woods with their M16/M60/M14/L2A1 - Stop killing my guys, but in all seriousness thanks for playing

Overall Death Counts (Estimated)

RG: 80-100

VC - 1000+

NVA - 200-300 (didnt appear untill mission 3)

Nixon said of Vietnam "No event in American history is more misunderstood than the Vietnam War. It was misreported then, and it is misremembered now." 

I hope you guys had a bit more fun

This is The Almighty Zeus Mission Maker and Deployment Champion Villhelm (Please for the love of god call me Vill or Will) 

Signing Off for the final time (in D10 anyway)

*This is your pilot speaking, we have reports of some undead appearing in Vietnam, we are turning the plane around*

Oh damnit, fine ill build Deployment Z3 (Vietnam Rising) then you assholes, cya in hell

• Andrews, The Icarus, pvt_p3te and 12 others like this

villhem.jpg

d6.jpg

Awards Bar:
    Users Awards

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DEPLOYMENT 10

DMCA.com Protection Status