Toggle shoutbox Task Force Shout Box Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Thehelloguy (Sun 20 May 18 - 20:48) Super fun misson, would love to see this in the near future again @CAESAR! :D
@  CAESAR (Sun 20 May 18 - 21:22) Linky
@  The Icarus (Mon 21 May 18 - 10:37) Just hit 3000 hours in arma 3, most of which was with RG. :)
@  Refurius (Mon 21 May 18 - 11:10) nice screenshots caesar
@  Daveo1996 (Mon 21 May 18 - 15:53) RSVP Button for new Op links to last weeks NVM you got it
@  Helios (Mon 21 May 18 - 15:55) B)
@  AHM (Mon 21 May 18 - 16:37) Way to go Icarus! Looking forward to the next 3000!
@  BilboD (Mon 21 May 18 - 16:54) Caesar great images, is the last one my CAS strike on the roadbock?
@  Andrews (Mon 21 May 18 - 18:22) Welcome to the Reality Gaming Task Force Niggles. View Niggles's Profile
@  Andrews (Mon 21 May 18 - 18:33) Welcome to the Reality Gaming Task Force Syrus. View Syrus's Profile
@  Painmace (Mon 21 May 18 - 19:54) Hey guys, doubt anyone remembers me, but im planing on making a return (if i get accepted back in again ;] ) probably next week tho as i got my last exams then
@  BilboD (Mon 21 May 18 - 23:03) @Painmace, check your inbox
@  Daveo1996 (Tue 22 May 18 - 12:08) In-case some people cannot see it, the training post is up so just scroll down a little bit more on the News Feed, noticed a couple of people have RSVP'd for Sunday and not RSVP/LOA'd for Tomorrow
@  Andrews (Tue 22 May 18 - 15:41) Welcome to the Reality Gaming Task Force BrantFulk. View BrantFulk's Profile
@  Villhelm (Fri 25 May 18 - 10:59) Ill be running a BCT session for anyone who needs it, I have 1 already.
@  Sobchak (Fri 25 May 18 - 12:25) Just got back from a 2 week US roadtrip - nothing trumps that. I feel Like i could use a BCT session!
@  The Icarus (Fri 25 May 18 - 12:28) Was that a Donald Trump pun? <_<
@  Whigital (Fri 25 May 18 - 17:04) Time for the beret'o'shame again ....
@  Andrews (Fri 25 May 18 - 17:55) Welcome to the Reality Gaming Task Force marius. View marius's Profile
@  Sobchak (Fri 25 May 18 - 20:03) Icarus - Im Not saying it was, but Im Not denying it either

Photo
- - - - -
HELP

Bug; No Message Recieved

Best Answer TAE , 07 March 2016 - 06:25

^Exactly what Andrews said.

WiFi is not the best thing to begin with but a lot of things can make it worse. Too many WiFi Router or Access-points on the same channel start canceling each other out. Each wall in between you and your router reduces the signal strength additionally. WiFi-Signals don't follow the hallway and walk around corners.

Think of it like a light bulb, the light spreads out, but every object in between you and the bulb casts a shadow. While it might still be bright behind it, the light intensity is reduced. More objects casting a shadow in a row means even less strength. All you need then is one interference and you connection drops for a short duration until everything is capable of reconnecting.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Fluffy

Fluffy

Sergeant

• STAFF

• 131 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 21:40

So in today's training my internet cut-out on both Steam/ArmA and TS for approximately one minute. Whilst they were down my internet worked fine on other devices. I've had this happen before, though there seems to be no obvious cause, and it affects me randomly.

Would anyone be able to suggest a cause or fix for this?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#2 TAE

TAE

Legendary Hero

• ENLISTED INFANTRY

• 833 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:59

When you say "other devices" you mean on a smartphone and/or other notebook/computer in the household?

If the internet cuts-out on Steam/Arma and TS, does brwosing still work? Or Skype?

• Fluffy likes this

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

TAE is such a fucking legend - Andrews 2015

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#3 Fluffy

Fluffy

Sergeant

• STAFF

• 131 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 21:52

Must have missed this when it was posted, it seems like it cuts out on my PC (TS/Steam/ArmA), but not my laptop/phone/etc. I can still browse the internet on those devices.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#4 TAE

TAE

Legendary Hero

• ENLISTED INFANTRY

• 833 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 22:07

Wired connection or WiFi?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#5 Fluffy

Fluffy

Sergeant

• STAFF

• 131 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 22:08

WiFi, using a USB 3 WiFi device too, if that helps

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#6 Andrews

Andrews

Task Force Command

• HEAD ADMIN

• 2,458 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 22:57

This sounds like a bad usb wireless modem, since the other devices function and only the PC fails, I would check to see if you can connect via your laptop (not to play just to idle) and see if you drop.

Try another USB external modem if you have one or RJ45 (hard cable) into your PC. 

Hope this helps.

/edit - log into your router and change wifi channels. This could prevent interference.

http://www.pcadvisor...hannel-3325316/

• Fluffy likes this

FOUNDER / HEAD ADMIN
andrews2013.jpg

pIRDoLzGIuHoB5GgQDdRtTWKA0Y%3D.png

Carpe diem!" - "seize the day" - Horace

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#7 Fluffy

Fluffy

Sergeant

• STAFF

• 131 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 23:12

Thanks for the assistance, if changing to WiFi settings doesn't work out I'll look into a new WiFi adapter, perhaps one that connects via PCI.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#8 TAE

TAE

Legendary Hero

• ENLISTED INFANTRY

• 833 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:25   Best Answer

^Exactly what Andrews said.

WiFi is not the best thing to begin with but a lot of things can make it worse. Too many WiFi Router or Access-points on the same channel start canceling each other out. Each wall in between you and your router reduces the signal strength additionally. WiFi-Signals don't follow the hallway and walk around corners.

Think of it like a light bulb, the light spreads out, but every object in between you and the bulb casts a shadow. While it might still be bright behind it, the light intensity is reduced. More objects casting a shadow in a row means even less strength. All you need then is one interference and you connection drops for a short duration until everything is capable of reconnecting.

• Fluffy likes this

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#9 Doolz

Doolz

Arrow Legend

• VIP GROUP
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:54

Missed this so a bit late but Stick a wire in it Fluffy especially for gaming.

Solution I use if PC is not near the hub

http://www.amazon.co...ilpage_o01_s00 

Should get better speed that way too.

• Fluffy likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HELP