•  

Toggle shoutbox Task Force Shout Box Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Helios (Fri 13 Oct 17 - 15:46) thnx :)
@  Thehelloguy (Fri 13 Oct 17 - 16:57) I am breaking the law :D
@  Andrews (Fri 13 Oct 17 - 18:11) Welcome to the Reality Gaming Task Force Sabre. View Sabre's Profile
@  Andrews (Sat 14 Oct 17 - 13:44) Welcome to the Reality Gaming Task Force Spaz. View Spaz's Profile
@  Andrews (Sun 15 Oct 17 - 09:33) Welcome to the Reality Gaming Task Force Mlynek. View Mlynek's Profile
@  Andrews (Sun 15 Oct 17 - 14:40) send me a message on steam today guys and I will send you your prizes :)
@  Mozzy (Sun 15 Oct 17 - 20:24) ALL RED and Gambler medivac
@  Daveo1996 (Sun 15 Oct 17 - 20:58) Sorry about any problems guys, I'll get a new template to work off of and hopefully that'll sort out the problems
@  stabcon (Sun 15 Oct 17 - 23:02) no dramas, great mission and great effort by all
@  Jay-Eff (Mon 16 Oct 17 - 11:26) My Red team witnessed a cool moment last night.
@  Jay-Eff (Mon 16 Oct 17 - 11:26) AA gun on back of truck north of town, friendly heli moving in, and just in time Vegas guy steps over the crest and takes it out
@  Sheppard (Mon 16 Oct 17 - 14:16) @Jay-Eff Picture or it didn't happen :D
@  Jay-Eff (Mon 16 Oct 17 - 14:52) Didn't get any record of it I'm afraid!
@  Andrews (Mon 16 Oct 17 - 16:56) Welcome to the Reality Gaming Task Force SandyMick. View SandyMick's Profile
@  Andrews (Tue 17 Oct 17 - 19:40) @Jay-Eff I believe!
@  Villhelm (Wed 18 Oct 17 - 11:53) If i ran a Zeus Mission Friday would people be up for it? Im thinking one of the newer maps
@  Sam (Wed 18 Oct 17 - 11:56) Hey Vill, I like the idea... Let us know :)
@  Sireuz (Wed 18 Oct 17 - 15:24) @Vill Yes, definetly :)
@  Andrews (Wed 18 Oct 17 - 16:49) Welcome to the Reality Gaming Task Force Jay_Jay. View Jay_Jay's Profile
@  Reazor (Wed 18 Oct 17 - 16:55) @Vilhelm I'd join up a Friday Zeus mission. Do you have a rough time table?

Photo
- - - - -
HELP

Bug; No Message Recieved

Best Answer TAE , 07 March 2016 - 06:25

^Exactly what Andrews said.

WiFi is not the best thing to begin with but a lot of things can make it worse. Too many WiFi Router or Access-points on the same channel start canceling each other out. Each wall in between you and your router reduces the signal strength additionally. WiFi-Signals don't follow the hallway and walk around corners.

Think of it like a light bulb, the light spreads out, but every object in between you and the bulb casts a shadow. While it might still be bright behind it, the light intensity is reduced. More objects casting a shadow in a row means even less strength. All you need then is one interference and you connection drops for a short duration until everything is capable of reconnecting.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Fluffy

Fluffy

Sergeant

• LEADER

• 116 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 21:40

So in today's training my internet cut-out on both Steam/ArmA and TS for approximately one minute. Whilst they were down my internet worked fine on other devices. I've had this happen before, though there seems to be no obvious cause, and it affects me randomly.

Would anyone be able to suggest a cause or fix for this?

d6.jpg
D8_Supporter.jpg

Ttr99sV.png

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#2 TAE

TAE

Legendary Hero

• ENLISTED INFANTRY

• 832 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:59

When you say "other devices" you mean on a smartphone and/or other notebook/computer in the household?

If the internet cuts-out on Steam/Arma and TS, does brwosing still work? Or Skype?

• Fluffy likes this

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

TAE is such a fucking legend - Andrews 2015

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#3 Fluffy

Fluffy

Sergeant

• LEADER

• 116 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 21:52

Must have missed this when it was posted, it seems like it cuts out on my PC (TS/Steam/ArmA), but not my laptop/phone/etc. I can still browse the internet on those devices.

d6.jpg
D8_Supporter.jpg

Ttr99sV.png

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#4 TAE

TAE

Legendary Hero

• ENLISTED INFANTRY

• 832 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 22:07

Wired connection or WiFi?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#5 Fluffy

Fluffy

Sergeant

• LEADER

• 116 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 22:08

WiFi, using a USB 3 WiFi device too, if that helps

d6.jpg
D8_Supporter.jpg

Ttr99sV.png

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#6 Andrews

Andrews

Task Force Command

• HEAD ADMIN

• 2,420 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 22:57

This sounds like a bad usb wireless modem, since the other devices function and only the PC fails, I would check to see if you can connect via your laptop (not to play just to idle) and see if you drop.

Try another USB external modem if you have one or RJ45 (hard cable) into your PC. 

Hope this helps.

/edit - log into your router and change wifi channels. This could prevent interference.

http://www.pcadvisor...hannel-3325316/

• Fluffy likes this

FOUNDER / HEAD ADMIN
andrews2013.jpg

pIRDoLzGIuHoB5GgQDdRtTWKA0Y%3D.png

Carpe diem!" - "seize the day" - Horace

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#7 Fluffy

Fluffy

Sergeant

• LEADER

• 116 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 23:12

Thanks for the assistance, if changing to WiFi settings doesn't work out I'll look into a new WiFi adapter, perhaps one that connects via PCI.

d6.jpg
D8_Supporter.jpg

Ttr99sV.png

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#8 TAE

TAE

Legendary Hero

• ENLISTED INFANTRY

• 832 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:25   Best Answer

^Exactly what Andrews said.

WiFi is not the best thing to begin with but a lot of things can make it worse. Too many WiFi Router or Access-points on the same channel start canceling each other out. Each wall in between you and your router reduces the signal strength additionally. WiFi-Signals don't follow the hallway and walk around corners.

Think of it like a light bulb, the light spreads out, but every object in between you and the bulb casts a shadow. While it might still be bright behind it, the light intensity is reduced. More objects casting a shadow in a row means even less strength. All you need then is one interference and you connection drops for a short duration until everything is capable of reconnecting.

• Fluffy likes this

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

#9 Doolz

Doolz

Arrow Legend

• VIP GROUP
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:54

Missed this so a bit late but Stick a wire in it Fluffy especially for gaming.

Solution I use if PC is not near the hub

http://www.amazon.co...ilpage_o01_s00 

Should get better speed that way too.

• Fluffy likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HELP