•  

Toggle shoutbox Task Force Shout Box Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Andrews (Fri 13 Oct 17 - 18:11) Welcome to the Reality Gaming Task Force Sabre. View Sabre's Profile
@  Andrews (Sat 14 Oct 17 - 13:44) Welcome to the Reality Gaming Task Force Spaz. View Spaz's Profile
@  Andrews (Sun 15 Oct 17 - 09:33) Welcome to the Reality Gaming Task Force Mlynek. View Mlynek's Profile
@  Andrews (Sun 15 Oct 17 - 14:40) send me a message on steam today guys and I will send you your prizes :)
@  Mozzy (Sun 15 Oct 17 - 20:24) ALL RED and Gambler medivac
@  Daveo1996 (Sun 15 Oct 17 - 20:58) Sorry about any problems guys, I'll get a new template to work off of and hopefully that'll sort out the problems
@  stabcon (Sun 15 Oct 17 - 23:02) no dramas, great mission and great effort by all
@  Jay-Eff (Mon 16 Oct 17 - 11:26) My Red team witnessed a cool moment last night.
@  Jay-Eff (Mon 16 Oct 17 - 11:26) AA gun on back of truck north of town, friendly heli moving in, and just in time Vegas guy steps over the crest and takes it out
@  Sheppard (Mon 16 Oct 17 - 14:16) @Jay-Eff Picture or it didn't happen :D
@  Jay-Eff (Mon 16 Oct 17 - 14:52) Didn't get any record of it I'm afraid!
@  Andrews (Mon 16 Oct 17 - 16:56) Welcome to the Reality Gaming Task Force SandyMick. View SandyMick's Profile
@  Andrews (Tue 17 Oct 17 - 19:40) @Jay-Eff I believe!
@  Villhelm (Wed 18 Oct 17 - 11:53) If i ran a Zeus Mission Friday would people be up for it? Im thinking one of the newer maps
@  Sam (Wed 18 Oct 17 - 11:56) Hey Vill, I like the idea... Let us know :)
@  Sireuz (Wed 18 Oct 17 - 15:24) @Vill Yes, definetly :)
@  Andrews (Wed 18 Oct 17 - 16:49) Welcome to the Reality Gaming Task Force Jay_Jay. View Jay_Jay's Profile
@  Reazor (Wed 18 Oct 17 - 16:55) @Vilhelm I'd join up a Friday Zeus mission. Do you have a rough time table?
@  Villhelm (Wed 18 Oct 17 - 17:32) probably half 7/745 bst
@  Jay-Eff (Thu 19 Oct 17 - 11:29) I might partake on Friday. And thanks for running last night

Photo
FEATURED

[FAQ] What is Reality Gaming

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Andrews

Andrews

Task Force Command

• HEAD ADMIN

• 2,420 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:40

rg.jpg

Reality Gaming Questions and Answers (FAQ)

We conduct official missions Every Sunday at 7pm GMT/12pm CST

Q. What is Reality Gaming?

Reality Gaming, also known as online War Gaming by definition - is a way of using different commercially released gaming platforms to recreate and represent a military operation. It is hard to accurately and completely define what military simulation (milsim) means. It could mean anything from a realistic portrayal of combat action or role a roll playing simulation within deployments or training.

Reality Gaming Simulation (RGS) is the use of real military strategy and tactics within gaming to portray realistic roles in user created scenarios.It is very easy to take military simulation too far, we here at Reality Gaming try to find a balance between Military Simulation, Fun while remaining respectful to those in the Armed Services around the world. We also have serving and ex-serving members in our taskforce giving RG first hand advice on tatics while helping to create realistic missions and training.

Reality Gaming has also been compered to a VOM (Virtual Online Military) organisation.

Q. I don't have a lot of money, but I want to do join RG and give support. How can I do this?

While having an extremely limited budget may make it hard for you to support Reality Gaming, there are options. Reality Gaming is a FREE to PLAY service provided by the staff at RG and its donating members. We were all once young gamers, and want to build a community that is welcoming and free for all. In exchange for your entertainment, we ask you to donate what you can, when you can.

Donators are given several benifits for supporting the community.

Q. Well, I don't know anything about Military Tactics.

That is fine, these things can be taught. The members here will be more than glad to show you the ropes. Our leaders will find you a good team and make sure that they go over tactics and procedures with you. If they don't, contact a member of RG staff. All squad leaders and their company CO's should make you feel welcome and at home in your new community regardless of experience.

Q. I am under 18, but I want to join Reality Gaming.

While it is hard to be part of the community and be under 18, exceptions are made. Talk to one of the many teams of Reality Gaming and casually play with them. Have them help you out and show you how things work in RG. You will then be allowed to attend RG events with your team vouching for you and if you're a good player you'll gain a reputation as such and be allowed in the Reality Gaming community. Remember though, you're still an under 16 player and will have to try twice as hard to be a respectful and mature member.

Q. What kind of equipment should I have?

Aside from a working fully patched ARMA 3 game and working PC, A clear working mic is a must! Communication between squads and leaders is a very huge part of RG, as much as it is in the real world. If you don't know what everyone else on the team is doing, then chances are you are not going to excel in the game. Having a mic and using proper radio etiquette is very important. Having a headset is very important also, as it keeps your hands free and allows you to communicate more quickly and helps you to be quieter while relaying information.

Q. What is proper radio etiquette?

Proper radio etiquette is only sending concise and useful information over the RG operational airwaves. Knowing what you're going to say is very important before you try to say anything on the radio. Letting others know who you are and giving a proper situation report is very important. Also, letting others know when your message is finished by saying the words "over". Your team should help you further proper etiquette and teach you the proper way to speak on the air.

Q. Where and what time do you play milsim missions?

We have casual gatherings on TS (Team Speak) everyday. You can check the forums and front page for any operational news. All RG based organised missions will be campaigns with a specific background and may have eliments of role playing and in-depth background.

Please read the required briefings to ensure you are up to date with all mission intel. We mainly work on GMT time. Details on our teamspeak can be found here.

Global Deployments

Reality Gaming operates in all areas of the world and in all types of operations, utilising our high standards of training to perform in any situation. These official missions take place once a week and can vary from slow paced patrol missions with sudden bursts of action, or capturing a high valuable target while enemy reinforcements are moving in fast, to large-scale conventional warfare. In addition to that, we also have a training day once a week where we practice core skills and operational techniques, ranging from convoy training, or urban operations, all the way to parachute operations.

We have scheduled large scale deployment, that is driven by a planned and structured storyline complete with background history of the operation and detailed briefings. These campaigns are packed with high intensity action, fun, immersion and a lot more. It is the level of immersion and involvement that makes these campaigns stand out, where our actions in one operation will directly affect what happens in the next. This is truly simulation gaming.

Membership Flexibility

At Reality Gaming we have a flexible system in terms of attendance. We do not force our members to be online every operation night or training. We understand the fact that our members should only attend if they have the time and the desire to play. Therefore we have a Leave Of Absence (LOA) system, which means that if ever you are not able to attend an operation, you simply post an LOA and there are no problems. 

If you are LOA for more than 1 month. You will be placed into a reserve pool. On your return your will be re-instated into a suitable role. While active we ask all our members to support the community by donations when they can.

FOUNDER / HEAD ADMIN
andrews2013.jpg

pIRDoLzGIuHoB5GgQDdRtTWKA0Y%3D.png

Carpe diem!" - "seize the day" - Horace

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FEATURED

Change Theme!