Logo

Toggle shoutbox Task Force Shout Box Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  lllBENlll (Mon 11 Feb 19 - 17:32) A3sync should be a great option for us to keep mods updated without doing anything if ot is set up once
@  Henrik (Mon 11 Feb 19 - 17:32) I started working on an alternative for my former group and it's still in development. Meanwhile it's become open source (since I left my former group upon joining RG)
@  CAESAR (Mon 11 Feb 19 - 18:35) I get that you have had some bad experiences with it (trust me, old RG guys have had worse!), but Ptero and the other devs have put a metric fuck load of work into the pack and updates we need in future wont be possible without a sync client, so let's get behind that before we start complaining or backseat devving.
@  Daveo1996 (Mon 11 Feb 19 - 18:40) ^ was about to put something similiar to you there Caesar, I'd like to also point out that there are proper channels for this sort feedback and it should be taken instead of the shoutbox, Well done to all those involved in keeping the RG Mods Train on the right tracks :)
@  pvt_p3te (Mon 11 Feb 19 - 19:12) Easiest guide going for the install and use of A3Sync. Cheers Ptero and everyone involved making/compiling the new pack!
@  The Icarus (Mon 11 Feb 19 - 19:23) Server 2 restarting for 1 last time to update RGTA. Completed
@  Henrik (Mon 11 Feb 19 - 21:14) I was simply pointing out previous experience, and I'm far from saying someone's doing their job wrong.
@  Henrik (Mon 11 Feb 19 - 21:14) That's the end of it from me.
@  William (Tue 12 Feb 19 - 13:23) Vegas Assaulting the Destroyer on Sunday
@  KIMBO-MK-1 (Tue 12 Feb 19 - 13:49) I advise anyone who has not yet done so to start setting up the new mod pack, really easy to follow step by step guide from Ptero and plenty of people willing to help if you have issues, unless you really want to be that guy who decides to sort it out 5 mins before training tomoz
@  pvt_p3te (Tue 12 Feb 19 - 23:17) Been giving Talon guys a bit of a hard time.. https://www.facebook...34469033470836/
@  Guss (Wed 13 Feb 19 - 16:51) Ha wtf
@  The Icarus (Wed 13 Feb 19 - 20:47) ATTENTION ALL: If you are getting kicked please send a PM to Riott and Ptero with your client log from tonight, these can be found in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Arma 3
@  Andrews (Thu 14 Feb 19 - 20:24) Welcome to the Reality Gaming Task Force moody. View moody's Profile
@  Andrews (Fri 15 Feb 19 - 13:51) ALL - Please consider supporting RG this month! Let's keep this place going :)
@  lllBENlll (Fri 15 Feb 19 - 22:35) is there someone around who still got the old mods on his pc and could do me a favour
@  lllBENlll (Fri 15 Feb 19 - 23:06) ok i made it on my own no worries
@  Villhelm (Sat 16 Feb 19 - 10:57) Get your mods updated people and RSVP!
@  The Icarus (Sun 17 Feb 19 - 17:34) Lets go!
@  marius (Mon 18 Feb 19 - 18:10) Thats one broken down T-72

Photo

Modpack Update: Orion

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

stabcon

stabcon

Task Force Captain

• LEADER

Threads
  •   Member Number:

POPULAR

MODPACK UPDATE: ORION

pyyAbleh.jpg

The staff here at RG are pleased to present the next iteration of our Modpack, codename Orion.

Mod List:

ACE3                                                                                                                   Panthera

ACEX                                                                                                                  JBAD                                                 

ACRE2                                                                                                                Lythium

CBA_A3                                                                                                              MBG Buildings Killhouses

CUP Terrains - Core                                                                                           MBG Buildings 3 (ARMA 2 Remaster)

CUP Terrains - Maps                                                                                          Prei Khmaoch Luong

CUP Units                                                                                                          RHS AFRF

CUP Vehicles                                                                                                     RHS USAF

CUP Weapons                                                                                                   RHS GREF

3CB BAF Vehicles                                                                                              Spec 4 Gear

3CB BAF Weapons                                                                                            RG Custom Content Pack

3CB BAF Equipment                                                                                          Vidda

Community Factions Project (CFP)                                                                   Anizay

Rosche, Germany                                                                                              RG Essentials

Update Info:

The ultimate aim of this update was to provide mission makers with the tools in which to provide more in depth and immersive missions, utilising a broader array of enemy factions and equipment. On top of this, we will be adopting 'A3Sync' for the management of the RG Essentials pack, allowing us to provide micro updates to keep some of our mods up to date. If you've never used A3Sync before don't worry, a separate thread will be released soon to show you how to set it up. Some minor tweaks to loadouts and crates have been made, as well as some gear being replaced allowing us to remove some mods altogether. We have also adopted a couple of new maps and removed some older ones we felt were underused or didn't add enough variety to the pack.

All in all, we hope that this update will bring in some more variety, opportunities and experiences to our missions.

LINKS:

Full details can be found in the release thread

Instructions to download and set up A3Sync are here

Any problems you have should be directed to Ptero or another member of the technical team.

A note from Stab:

Although I'm the one asking for things to be done, these updates could not be done without the help and dedication of tech staff. A huge thank you to Ptero for dealing with my constant demands for more and putting the pack together, Icarus for sorting the templates, and Riott for making sense of the Matrix in the back end and keeping on top of things.

A big thank you to the section leads for the discussions, testing and brainstorming that put these updates into motion. 

For me, this update is primarily 'opfor focused'. On the surface, not much will have changed for many of you, but we hope that the missions will show why we wanted to add in things like CUP. We may get a few new toys to play with, but that's more by luck than design.

I'll take this opportunity to thank all of you for your dedication and enthusiasm for RG. You are what makes this community what it is. Lets make 2019 a great year for RG

Cheers

Stab

• Riott, The Icarus, pvt_p3te and 11 others like this

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:
    Users Awards

KIMBO-MK-1

KIMBO-MK-1

Mr Slice

• LEADER