D10 - VIETNAM
April 8th-April 29th 2018
The Situation - Welcome to the Jungle
The year is 1969 and the Vietnam war is fully underway, Nixon has just become President and was looking for a new platoon to throw at the VC. RG; having been in various wars across Asia and Europe since 1942 is combat ready and raring to go. Armed with the very best in equipment and with the best commanders they can find, RG are shipped across to the Vietnam DMZ. Unfortunatly the equipment and commanders were lost at sea, as such we have what was with us on the plane.
Landing at Airbase Andrews we have sorted out what stuff we can and are getting aquanted with our Jungle environment. As it turns out the VC may not be the worst thing that it can throw at us, with disease and food shortages causing the loss of several men.
With our uniforms covered in mud and rifles frequently jamming, RG is in its element of chaos.
Back to 1969, the various protests going on, the mud, the good old M16. The Hueys, RG is going to run completely differently in terms of our gear. Enjoy the change but be prepped for a tough enemy in tough terrain.
Things you will need:
1. A good pair of eyes (for the foliage/spotting the VC)
2. A serious disposition (but with plenty of quotes)
3. Your buddy (so you can carry him out)
4. Your rifle (because without it, you are nothing)
5. Napalm (because we love the smell of it in the morning)
Get ready for the best damn time of your lives
- Andrews, Helios, Shlee and 26 others like this